1. Miss Imo Beauty Pageant (Otherwise called Miss Heartland and hereinafter referred to as the "Contest") by virtue of exclusive ownership of its Federal Government Trademark License is organized by Cal-comel Ltd (hereinafter referred to as "the Organizer"). However, TrademarkPR and The Miss Imo Team have been officially nominated to take care of all proceedings as regards this project. These Terms and Conditions shall apply to all stages of the contest.
2. The Contestant must complete the Organizers Miss Imo Beauty Pageant 2016 Official Contestant Entry Form and attend a screening/interview which shall be held on the 16th of July 2016 and at a venue to be determined by the Organizer. A copy of the Contestants Passport or Birth Certificate must be attached to the Official Contestant Entry Form alongside a copy of SSCE result or Certificate. However, for interested applicants who are non-biological citizens of the state, an attachment of any concrete proof of having stayed in the state within the past three years or having been born in the state for a permit to contest is acceptable. Original documents must be presented for verification. The Organizer reserves the right to reject any application that fails to satisfy the aforementioned requirements.
3. The Contestant shall be of good character and shall possess charm, poise and personality as well as BEAUTY OF FACE and FIGURE.
4. The Contestant shall also possess the ability to show compassion and intelligence and speak diligently in public places.
5. The Contestant shall be a person whose background is not likely to bring disrepute to the Miss Imo Beauty Pageant 2016, the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria MBGN 2016 or the Miss World 2016 Title.
6. Closing Date for applications is by 11:59pm on the 15th of July 2016.
7. The Contestant warrants that her performances shall not infringe on the rights (including copyrights) of or defame or embarrass any person, firm or company.
8. The Contest is open to all single female citizens of Imo State (biological and non-biological) who must not be less than 18 years of age and not more than 23 years and 364 days of age on the date of the Miss Imo interview/screening exercise and usually uses the prefix "Miss" before her name. The minimum height requirement is 5 feet 6 inches tall.
9. The Contestant must never have been through any ceremony either valid or invalid and whether civil, religious or tribal which is recognized as a marriage ceremony in any part of the world and has never given birth to a child.
10. Contestants are required to provide the organizers with a referee's written consent at the auditions.
11. The Contestant warrants that she is not representing or has not represented Imo State in any beauty competition/contest/pageant after winning any local and/or international beauty competition/contest/pageant.
12. The Contestant warrants that she has not been charged or convicted in any court of law in Nigeria or any other country.
13. The Contestant warrants that she is not a fugitive nor is she wanted by any local or international law enforcement agency.
14. The Contestant hereby agrees that the Organizer shall have the exclusive rights to take photographs, record or otherwise reproduce all or any part of her performances or other appearances in connection with the Contest. The Contestant hereby consents and agrees with the Organizer to record her performance(s) at ALL stages of the Contest even before and during the interview/screening session, whether such recording be audio, audio-visual or in the form of photographs. This further acknowledges the fact that the Organizer retains the right to edit and to telecast any recordings made. The Contestant hereby assigns to the Organizer absolutely all vested, contingent and future rights in her performances for the period of one year starting from the day of the grand finale and the Organizer shall own the exclusive rights to such performances. The Contestant further agrees to complete any formalities or sign any documents necessary to perfect this assignment/engagement.
15. By signing/ submitting this document cum participating in this Contest, the Contestant irrevocably and unconditionally grants to the Organizer all consents and waivers necessary for the Organizer to record and use her performances in any manner whatsoever and in any part of the world as the Organizer shall in its sole discretion deem fit. The Contestant acknowledges that the Organizer shall be at liberty to publish and otherwise use any recording made by the Organizer, including without limitation audio recordings, visual recordings and photographs for the promotion and publicity of the contest.
16. The selection and number of judges at each stage of the Contest shall be at the Organizers sole discretion and the judges’ decision at every stage of the Contest is final. No inquiries, appeals, verbal or written shall be entertained. The Contestant shall accept and abide by any and all decisions made by the Organizer and the panel of judges concerning (without limitation) decisions relating to the Contest, interviews with the Contestant, the award of prizes (if any) and/or artiste contracts (if any).
17. The Organizer shall provide a commensurate consequence to any Contestant who withdraws, for any reason whatsoever, from any stage of the Contest.
18. In the event the Contestant deems it necessary to re-record any part of any round of the Contest, the Contestant agrees to be prepared to perform again for re-assessment.
19. While participating in the Contest, the Contestant shall not, without the prior written consent of the Organizer, enter into agreement with or participate in any other program produced by any person or company in the business of producing, transmitting or exhibiting programs for or on television/radio/print/web locally and internationally.
20. The Contestant shall make full and honest disclosure of information as requested in the Official Contestants Entry Form. The application shall be accompanied by (digitally mastered) two Portrait and four full sized pictures indicating front, rear and side views. Note that one of the portrait or facial shot pictures shall be taken without make-up and with hair off the face. All photographs submitted shall be the property of the Organizer who may, without reference to any Contestant, use such photographs for any reasonable purpose or publicity.
21. All information submitted in the Official Contestant Entry Form shall be deemed to be current. In the event of any change of such details, the Contestant shall notify the Organizer immediately.
22. The Organizer shall be under no liability whatsoever to the Contestant or her personal representatives in respect to any loss, damage or injury to life or property sustained by the Contestant at any stage of the Contest, unless it is clearly proven that such loss, damage or injury is caused by the Organizers gross negligence and/or carelessness.
23. Contestants who fail to attend sponsors visits, paid-appearances, training sessions, rehearsals, fashion shoots, hair and grooming sessions, recording sessions, coronation night or other special events related to the Contest shall be disqualified if the reasons for such absence are found to be unacceptable by the Organizer. The Organizer reserves the right to provide further consequences to such failure.
24. The Contestant shall at all times comply strictly with the Organizers specifications/requirements (whether oral or written) as to the Contestant’s appearance, behaviour, skills, attire and/or accessories. A failure to meet such specifications/requirements shall result in disqualification from the Contest.
25. For the avoidance of doubt, the Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any Contestant from the Contest on the grounds of undesirable conduct and/or appearance.
26. The Contestant shall not, without the prior written consent of the Organizer, speak to the press or other media nor give any interviews or comments relating to the Contest, the Contestant herself or other Contestants nor disclose any information whatsoever relating to the Miss Imo (Miss Heartland) Beauty Pageant 2014 activities and the Organizer.
27. The Organizer reserves the right to substitute, add to or alter any item on the list of prizes offered before the Finals of the Contest due to reasons beyond the Organizers control. All prizes won by the Contestant during the Contest shall not be transferable or exchangeable for cash.
28. Non-compliance with or breach of one or any of these Terms and conditions shall immediately disqualify the Contestant from further participation at any stage of the Contest, including the MBGN/other international Contests attached to it and any cash/prizes won shall be forfeited.
29. The Contestant warrants that she is free to enter, participate and perform in the Contest, including the MBGN and other international Contests attached to it and is under no restriction, limitation or disability (contractual or otherwise) to do so.
30. No Contestant shall at anytime during the Contest commercially exploit or aid the commercial exploitation of her participation in the Contest in any way whatsoever, without the consent of the Organizer.
31. There shall be no claims against the Organizer, in the event the Contest is annulled, cancelled or postponed by circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Organizer.
32. The Organizer reserves the right to amend or vary any of these Terms and Conditions without prior notice to any Contestant. However, all Contestants reserve the right to be notified.
33. The chosen title holders including the 1st and 2nd runners up will be contracted to Cal-comel Ltd, Trademark-PR and the Miss Imo Team (the Organizers) during their reign from the date and night of the Crowning/Coronation Ball to 12months or until the next contest is held the following year. A separate Contract Agreement will be issued and signed upon winning the title.
34. All Contestants, by participating in the Contest, agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
35. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
DECLARATION OF CONTESTANT
I hereby declare and confirm that I have read, understood and agree to be bound by the attached Terms and Conditions of The Miss Imo Beauty Pageant 2016.